Thursday, January 27, 2011

1/27/11

Our first assignment of the semester was to create a box out of card board or foam core. The box was to be 12x12x18 with a 12" opening. The next step was to cut holes into the box, which we would shine a light through, to create four different "spaces" within it. We were allowed to use bristol board and bamboo skewers in any way we could imagine to help create four spaces. 
I made my box and presented it at the first critique, it was full of holes and a little too chaotic. I re-made the box and at the second critique I presented it with one "U" shaped cut and four holes punched in the top. Inside, I had a bristol board, 3-D, elongated triangle to emphasize the shape of the light coming through. Also, I put a foam core wedge in the box to re-direct the light and create another space.

No comments:

Post a Comment